Something was up on Saturday though. The Netherlands had just beaten England. There was definitely something in the air as we drove over to Alloa for our ESCA Division 4 game ...
1. When we kicked off, the skipper wasn't on the park 'cause he was running late on the trip from Edinburgh.
2. Third ball - our keeper gets a lifter in the mush and is off to A&E for some stitches in the face.
3. After 4 overs, our opening bowler pulls up with a muscle strain and is limping through slips for the rest of the game.
4. In about the 15th over - one of our key all-rounders attempts a catch in the covers, and splits the skin on his right hand. Off to A&E for some stitches.
5. Two overs later - the skipper staves his thumb in the covers. He'll be unable to open the batting.
6. In the 30th over - our stand-in w/k (and other opening bat) staves the middle finger of his left hand. He'll also be unable to open.
We don't have subs.
As it happens - we very nearly chased down the 250 they put on. We got to 243 all out (8 wickets). Cow Corner's very own Steve Colvin got 102 not out.